The performance center will house an estimated 175,000 SF of office and training space featuring the most-up-to-date basketball equipment, with seamless accessibility for players and team medical practitioners to access injury diagnosis and rehabilitative treatment. Amenities are expected to include:
- Corporate front office space for business and basketball operations
- Innovative player locker room and lounge
- Full-service kitchen/dining facilities
- Spacious weight room facility with state-of-the art equipment
- Film and study meeting rooms
- Advanced training room capabilities with full hydro and cryogenic treatment systems
- Green space and courtyard locations for outside access and views of city
- Production studio and media/interview rooms
- Private and public parking structure to be used by both Detroit Pistons and Henry Ford personnel
- Dedicated Henry Ford Health System Sports Medicine Building – connected to the Performance Center
The facility will also hold community events, such as youth basketball clinics and Pistons Academy basketball programs, along with fitness, health and nutrition programming through the Detroit Pistons Fit and annual NBA Fit Week programming.
Planning for the New Normal
Plumbing Systems Re-Occupancy and Ongoing Operations
Your building may have been shut down these past many months due to WFH/COVID. Minimal use of your building’s water systems creates stagnant water in your plumbing system piping and equipment, which promotes the growth of Legionella and/or other biofilm-associated bacteria. This places your building occupants at risk when re-occupancy occurs. Now is the time to develop and implement a safe and effective Water Management Plan to protect your building occupants, maximizing their health and safety upon re-occupancy.