Heapy is designing the Mechanical-Electrical systems for the $210 million expansion of Mount Carmel Grove City. The project adds a 500,000 SF, 210-room hospital and 120,000 SF second medical office building.
The expanded campus will feature:
- New 7-story hospital with all private patient rooms throughout the 210-bed facility
- Every convenience to engage patients and their families, from easy-to-navigate pathways throughout the facility to bistro-style kitchen and dining and on-demand room service
- Expanded emergency department; intensive care, maternity, oncology and palliative care services; and 8 new state-of-the-art surgical suites for inpatient and outpatient surgeries
- New 5-story medical office building connected to the hospital, with primary care, maternal fetal medicine, outpatient oncology and women’s health services
- Headquarters for Mount Carmel’s Graduate Medical Education program
The first floor of the new Medical Office building consists of an approximately 22,000 SF cancer center with both radiation oncology treatment and medical oncology treatment service lines. There is 1 linear accelerator vault with space for a second. Also included are a CT simulator, HDR vault, 18 infusion bays, 12 exam rooms, retail space, and associated support spaces.