Heapy led the Master Planning effort to create a comprehensive overview of the buildings, building systems and tunnels on three campuses within the Columbus State Community College (CSCC) system. This project involved:
- Three CSCC campuses
- 31 buildings plus underground tunnels
- Covered over 1 Million SF of floor space
- Thermal Imaging of the building roofs and envelopes
- Creating a Master Planning document to Inform CSCC Capital Planning
The outcome of this Master Planning / Assessment Project will inform CSCC’s Capital Planning / Budgeting efforts in several ways:
- The building and equipment data the Heapy led assessment teams gathered from the building walk-throughs was integrated into a new CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System). The CMMS will produce Work Orders and provide a structured Preventative Maintenance process and reporting for the Facilities Department.
- This data will also be used to supplement current electronic systems for space and equipment inventories and project scheduling as they relate to facilities upkeep and capital planning and budgeting.
- The data will be used in making appropriate financial decisions for the implementation of identified projects.
Planning for the New Normal
Plumbing Systems Re-Occupancy and Ongoing Operations
Your building may have been shut down these past many months due to WFH/COVID. Minimal use of your building’s water systems creates stagnant water in your plumbing system piping and equipment, which promotes the growth of Legionella and/or other biofilm-associated bacteria. This places your building occupants at risk when re-occupancy occurs. Now is the time to develop and implement a safe and effective Water Management Plan to protect your building occupants, maximizing their health and safety upon re-occupancy.