Heapy led the Master Planning effort to create a comprehensive overview of the buildings, building systems and tunnels on three campuses within the Columbus State Community College (CSCC) system. This project involved:
- Three CSCC campuses
- 31 buildings plus underground tunnels
- Covered over 1 Million SF of floor space
- Thermal Imaging of the building roofs and envelopes
- Creating a Master Planning document to Inform CSCC Capital Planning
The outcome of this Master Planning / Assessment Project will inform CSCC’s Capital Planning / Budgeting efforts in several ways:
- The building and equipment data the Heapy led assessment teams gathered from the building walk-throughs was integrated into a new CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System). The CMMS will produce Work Orders and provide a structured Preventative Maintenance process and reporting for the Facilities Department.
- This data will also be used to supplement current electronic systems for space and equipment inventories and project scheduling as they relate to facilities upkeep and capital planning and budgeting.
- The data will be used in making appropriate financial decisions for the implementation of identified projects.