Heapy led the Master Planning effort to create a comprehensive overview of the buildings, building systems and tunnels on three campuses within the Columbus State Community College (CSCC) system. This project involved:
- Three CSCC campuses
- 31 buildings plus underground tunnels
- Covered over 1 Million SF of floor space
- Thermal Imaging of the building roofs and envelopes
- Creating a Master Planning document to Inform CSCC Capital Planning
The outcome of this Master Planning / Assessment Project will inform CSCC’s Capital Planning / Budgeting efforts in several ways:
- The building and equipment data the Heapy led assessment teams gathered from the building walk-throughs was integrated into a new CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System). The CMMS will produce Work Orders and provide a structured Preventative Maintenance process and reporting for the Facilities Department.
- This data will also be used to supplement current electronic systems for space and equipment inventories and project scheduling as they relate to facilities upkeep and capital planning and budgeting.
- The data will be used in making appropriate financial decisions for the implementation of identified projects.
Planning for the New Normal
In Planning for the NEW NORMAL, we must provide ways to make the built environment safe and healthy. What Strategic Operations Planning is necessary to ensure your Organization and its facilities, equipment, and people are prepared for the “What’s Next?”