Heapy provided the Mechanical-Electrical engineering for the new $49 Million cancer center. The 120,000 SF, five story cancer center offers complete care to patients in a caring environment, with dedicated patient-centric services and specialized treatments to fight cancer. The center serves as a single touch point for patients, providing them with a wide range of services.
This cancer center design provides the most advanced patient-centered care in an environment that focuses on healing the mind, body and spirit. The most sophisticated cancer treatment technology means patients do not have to travel out of the region to receive their cancer care cancer treatment.
Designed with input from patients, employees, and physicians, a full menu of cancer-specific amenities is tailored to patients in the new center.
Services included within the facility include:
- Radiation oncology
- Breast imaging diagnostic center
- Multi-specialty clinic – medical oncology
- Dedicated cancer social workers
- Dedicated cancer dieticians and nutritionists
- Dedicated cancer nurse navigators
- Dedicated cancer financial navigators
- Outpatient infusion center
- Infusion pharmacy on-site
- Specialty pharmacy
- Dedicated cancer laboratory
- Clinical treatment trials
- Support services for patients and families
- Boutique offers specific products for cancer patients
- Cafe’ with menu tailored to cancer patients’ nutritional needs
Planning for the New Normal
Plumbing Systems Re-Occupancy and Ongoing Operations
Your building may have been shut down these past many months due to WFH/COVID. Minimal use of your building’s water systems creates stagnant water in your plumbing system piping and equipment, which promotes the growth of Legionella and/or other biofilm-associated bacteria. This places your building occupants at risk when re-occupancy occurs. Now is the time to develop and implement a safe and effective Water Management Plan to protect your building occupants, maximizing their health and safety upon re-occupancy.