For 75 years HEAPY has COLLABORATED with Owners, architects, and contractors to strategize and manage the integration of Information and Communication Technology Services such as AV, data, security systems and highly specialized systems into their building projects.
As these technologies have advanced over the past 75 years, we have adapted the PERFORMANCE of these systems while providing a robust infrastructure that can easily adapt to future updates. From education facilities that cultivate learning, to medical facilities fostering care of patients, to corporate offices requiring productive work environments, technology is influencing and changing our everyday lives.
With the right execution, environments have the power to provide INSPIRATION and encourage meaningful interactions for the life of the building.
From the Beginning
1995 – 1999
- HEAPY expanded in-house design services to include Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Design within existing Electrical Engineering Services to accommodate the Ohio Schools Facility Commission (OSFC) initiative to re-build or replace all 4,000 Public K-12 School Facilities.
- Requirements were added for the latest technology in Telephone and Data Cabling, Networks, Phone Systems, Paging and Clock Systems, Audio Visual Systems.
- Healthcare Market also expanded needs for Structured Cabling, Nurse Call, Radio / Paging and Intercom Systems, Security Systems.
- Client response was overwhelming and HEAPY now had two full-time Electrical Designers primarily focused on providing ICT Design Services.
Laying the Groundwork
2000 – 2009
- In 2002, HEAPY joined the primary industry association, Building Industry Consulting Services International (BICSI) and then had its first Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) Certification Professional.
- In 2005, HEAPY formed partnership with a nationally recognized Architecture and Engineering Consulting firm to provide ICT Design Services for dozens of Department of Defense (DoD) projects around the country.
- In 2007, as HEAPY expanded our design portfolio to enhance our network, wireless and telephone system design capabilities, we added a Network Transport Specialist (NTS) certification to our credentials.
- In 2007, HEAPY provides Commissioning Services of Indiana University’s New Data Center. Subsequently, we are awarded upgrades to the infrastructure beginning with modifications to support the relocation of their Research Supercomputer, “Big Red”, from a separate existing building. Most recently, Heapy has completed a project to replace this supercomuter with the new “Big Red II”.
- InfoComm became the more relevant industry organization offering training and credentialing in the Audio Visual design market. The ICT Practice gained a crucial expansion with a seasoned AV Integrator being hired to provide AV and Sound Systems design.
- Ohio Facility Construction Commission (OFCC) selected HEAPY as the Technology Consultant for maintaining and updating the Ohio School Design Manual (OSDM) and for Information & Technology Design Consulting Services related to school systems design for six years
Spreading Our Wings
2010 – 2019
- HEAPY Information & Communication Technology Designers began presenting at national conferences and providing training to clients and other industry organizations. HEAPY was also published in such industry publications as the Adequate Wiring Committee (AWC) of Dayton, BICSI, the OFCC, The American Institute of Architects (AIA) and eTech Ohio.
- In 2011, as a result of expanding our design expertise, HEAPY added an Electronic Safety and Security (ESS) credentialed professional.
- In 2013, HEAPY lands our first project with the Cleveland Clinic. HEAPY is selected as the Technology Engineer for the new $275M Cancer Center.
- Dayton Public Schools acquired HEAPY as the ICT Design firm for the 5-Year Multi-Phased School Replacement Project to include 23 New Facilities.
- HEAPY provided Technology Commissioning Services for the Huber Heights City School District 5 Building Replacement Project that became the Beta Site for the newly developed ICT Commissioning Standards that would become part of the OFCC Ohio School Design Manual.
- Dayton Metro Library awarded HEAPY the contract to provide all Technology / Security design services for the multi-phased project to remodel and / or replace all existing 15 branches, the Main Branch Downtown and a new Operations Center.
Hitting Our Stride
Present Day 2020s
- In 2020, ICT engineer receives his Certified Information System Security Professional and Physical Security Professional certifications
- The Information & Communication Technology Practice currently consists of a Practice Director, Operations Manager, 6 Engineers, 3 Designers and a DDC. HEAPY colleagues are certified in the Voice / Data, Network, Security, Wireless, and Audio-Visual industries.
- HEAPY continues to collaborate with A/E/C industry leaders to provide ICT design services throughout the US and abroad including most recently the Corning Incorporated World Headquarters and the U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys Central Elementary School in South Korea.