- Columbus, OH
- Indianapolis, IN
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the full life cycle (proposal-initiation-execution/control-closeout) of design engineering, commissioning, energy optimization, sustainability, or engineering/construction projects. Responsible for the complete project success including maintain a Superior Client Experience, a high level of Colleague Engagement / Collaboration, and achievement of Financial Sustainability targets.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for Client focused communication and outreach, understanding and communication of the project scope to both the Client and Colleagues, establishing the Client’s Guiding Principles for the project, project schedule, cost, cash flow, quality, resource planning requirements, and risk management elements required to optimize client service, quality, and fiscal responsibility.
A Senior Project Manager has responsibility for managing a medium to large-sized projects with a fee for services up to $500,000 requiring, typically, support from multiple Practices or Service Sectors. Additionally, a Senior Project Manager has an increased role in Client Management and Business Development focusing on expanding our relationships with new and existing clients.
Normally requires a 4-year degree in Engineering and typically 10-15 years’ experience in design or process engineering, plant operations or start-up, and/or field construction (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). Professional registration is preferred. Prior job assignments typically include project engineering and Project Manager I responsibilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guides HEAPY service delivery in a manner consistent with the appropriate service Systems View and the identified milestones
- Participates in project costing and bid preparation to the extent required.
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to HEAPY to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences, and develop schedules, budgets, resource planning, client communication plan, and progress billing points.
- Establishes Client – HEAPY – Architect – Construction Manager liaison network to keep all interested parties informed of project communication, planning, schedule, and work progress.
- Collaborates with the Practice Director, Operations Manager, and Practice Technical Leader to form a project work team and sees that responsibilities are assigned and execution of tasks are initiated and completed according to schedule.
- Submits documents to Federal, state, and local authorities for code compliance review and obtains the various permits required.
- Holds regularly scheduled project progress review meetings to ensure that:
- A project contract’s terms, conditions, and specifications are being met.
- Project personnel adhere to federal and state regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Delays and cost overruns, at best, are entirely avoided, or, at worst, kept to a minimum.
- Resource requirements, equipment, materials, and quality problems are recognized for timely intervention and resolution.
- Represents the HEAPY culture and maintains Colleague morale and interacts appropriately with Client counterparts.
- Information for progress billing purposes is submitted correctly and on time.
- Meets with client management as necessary during a project’s terms to resolve issues and at a project’s completion to obtain final client approvals.
- Participates actively in the Client Feedback process and maintains a leadership role in understanding Client comments and positively engaging with the client when opportunities to improve our performance are identified.
- Maintains a continuing business relationship with assigned clients as part of ongoing business development efforts.
- Reports Client Management activities and opportunities using CRM system
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V