AEP Energy Assessment
Heapy Engineering performed an ASHRAE Level I Energy Assessment on AEP’s Headquarters to assist with their pursuit of LEED for Existing Buildings certification. This building is 32 floors and 780,350 SF located in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Approximately 2,102 employees work in this facility. The building includes a kitchen and cafeteria open to all building occupants, a data center, a coffee shop, and the majority of the remaining building area consists of office space.
Our Energy Auditing Services included:
- Determining gross conditioned square footage of the building
- Evaluating three years of utility bills for this facility.
- Reviewing utility bills for deviance from monthly patterns
- Calculating the total Energy Use Intensity
- Comparing this facility to other similar facilities energy consumption
- Performing several walk throughs of the facility
- Performing a rough estimate to determine the approximate breakdown of energy use for significant end-use categories, including weather and non-weather related issues
- Identifying low-cost/no-cost changes to the facility or to operating and maintenance procedures, and determine the savings that will result from these changes
- Identifying potential capital improvements for further study, and provide an initial estimate of potential costs and savings
- Listing all possible modifications to equipment and operations that would save energy and provide a list of preliminary cost and savings estimates.
- Reviewing the list of practical modifications with the owner/operator
- Estimating the potential savings in energy cost and its energy index
- Estimating the cost of each practical measure
Heapy Engineering also provided Retro-Commissioning Services to contribute toward the LEED EB:O&M Certification of the building.
AEP’s Headquarters is LEED EB:O&M Gold.