Nationwide Children's Hospital Commissioning
Heapy Engineering provded Commissioning Services for the 12-story addition for Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
Clinical features include an emergency/trauma center expanded to double the size of the current facility; a 40 percent increase in the size of patient rooms; and a floor dedicated to pediatric intensive care, cardiac intensive care and transplant procedures.
The following building systems were commissioned:
- Chilled Water System (including air-cooled chiller and associated pumps)
- Central Air Handling Systems
- VAV Systems
- Exhaust Ventilation Systems
- Lab Fume Hoods
- Automatic Temperature Control System (includes general operational checkout in conjunction with specific commissioned equipment and the sequences of operation)
- Low Voltage/Telecommunications
- Fire Alarm and Overhead Paging
- Electrical including UPS, Transfer switches and emergency generator
The project was completed in 2012.